Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The Wine Crate

Nope.  It’s not the Franzia that stocks your aunt’s fridge.  
These are the beautiful, wooden, hand-stamped crates that I found first in my dad’s basement and now on craigslist and in trash piles behind my local wine store (it also helps to have friends who collect wine and are not nearly as interested in organization or aesthetics).


I have spent countless hours at the Container Store and Target searching for the perfect something to hold the strewn and disorganized mitten collection, dog leashes, my curated collection of teas...the list goes on.  Enter, the wine crate.  It’s simplicity and non-plastic, not-made-in China characteristics excite me. 

What started as a simple organizational hack has slowly infiltrated all areas of my life. 


The wine crate is now my patio planter for lettuces and herbs.  Just like the one above from hungry little elephant
It whispers that laid back, country vibe I yearn for in my suburban home. 











And the most exciting yet is my jewelry display - hung from the wall and used as a display cube.  Rocks and shells anchor hanging pieces.  Rings sit pretty and perfectly imperfect inside.  They look even better a little dirty.  This one was repurposed after it no longer held the soil for my lettuces.  



But, a wine crate isn't big enough to hold the stuffed animal family procreating in my daughter's room!  Check this out from Mimish - and it comes in a gazillion colors, to boot.
Check this out!  It's a beanbag.  Unreal.  


No comments:

Post a Comment